Chicken with QuinoaBy admin Posted in: Entrees and Main Dishes Poultry Recipes Sides on December 21st, 2011
Pictured with side of Roasted Havest Vegetables
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
4 to 6 servings
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth or water
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup red or original quinoa
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted green olives
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
Bring broth and water to a boil in medium saucepan. Stir in quinoa; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand covered 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine flour and salt (if desired) in large plastic food storage bag. Add chicken; toss to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Stir in tomato, olives and oregano. Cover; bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is 170◦F. in center and no longer pink and tomato is soft. Serve over quinoa.