Cod and Kale SkilletBy admin Posted in: Entrees and Main Dishes Fish and Seafood Recipes on December 21st, 2011
Pictured with New Year’s Lentils
Prep Time: 14 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound cod fillets, thawed if frozen, cut into serving pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup water or chicken broth
- ½ cup quartered ripe olives
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
Sprinkle fish evenly with dill, salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat; add fillets. Cook 3 minutes per side to brown lightly. Remove fish to platter; set aside.
In same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add kale; cook and stir until kale begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Place fillets in center of skillet. Arrange tomato slices around edge of skillet; sprinkle with olives. Drizzle fish with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil.
Cover and cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or until kale is tender and fish flakes easily in center.