Crispy Garlic Shrimp SkewersBy admin Posted in: Appetizers & Snacks Fish and Seafood Recipes on February 1st, 2012
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 egg white
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 32 raw medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 16 pitted large green olives
- 16 pitted large ripe olives
- 32 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced lengthwise and cut into 32 pieces
- 32 (4 to 6-inch) appetizer skewers
Heat oven to 475°F. Blend 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and garlic in small bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat; set aside. Blend remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, dill, lemon peel and salt in small bowl. Set aside.
Mix bread crumbs and cheese on waxed paper; dredge shrimp to coat evenly. Place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until light golden and thoroughly cooked. Gently loosen shrimp from baking sheet; cool 1 to 2 minutes.
Thread a single shrimp, olive, tomato and cucumber piece on each skewer. Serve immediately drizzled with olive oil mixture.
TIP: To make bread crumbs mixture, rub bread crumb and cheese mixture between your palms for uniform consistency. The mixture will adhere more evenly to the shrimp.