Fresh Salmon SaladBy admin Posted in: Fish and Seafood Recipes Salads on December 21st, 2011
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
6 to 8 servings
- 1 cup original quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound salmon fillet, thawed if frozen
- 3 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 to 6 sprigs plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup slivered ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted green olives
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
- Spinach or leaf lettuce
Heat oven to 400◦F. Line small baking sheet with foil; lightly grease with olive oil. Meanwhile, bring water to boil in medium saucepan, salt lightly if desired. Stir in quinoa; return to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, place salmon skin-side-down on foil. Drizzle 2 teaspoons olive oil evenly over fillet; sprinkle lightly with pepper, if desired and top with dill sprigs. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily in thickest part. Remove from oven; cool slightly.
In large bowl, blend remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons dill and lemon peel; whisk until blended. Add quinoa, mushrooms, olives and green onion; mix to coat.
Layer spinach on serving platter or plates; top with quinoa. Break salmon into large chunks and arrange on quinoa.