Mediterranean Shrimp KabobsBy admin Posted in: Appetizers & Snacks Entrees and Main Dishes Fish and Seafood Recipes on December 21st, 2011
4 servings (4 kabobs)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 lb. large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined*
- 12 canned extra small artichoke hearts or artichoke heart quarters
- 12 large pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, optional
Combine olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, oregano and salt in large plastic food storage bag; flex to mix well. Add shrimp and seal; toss to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
Heat grill to medium direct heat. Meanwhile, add artichoke pieces and olives to marinade; toss to coat. Thread shrimp, artichokes and olives on 4 12-inch to 14-inch skewers (or place in grill basket).
Grill covered 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once or twice. Remove to serving platter; sprinkle with feta cheese, if desired.
TIP: If desired, substitute 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves for shrimp. Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Marinate and grill as directed for shrimp.
Recipe courtesy of the North American Olive Oil Association