Minted Orange Ricotta with Mango MelangeBy admin Posted in: Appetizers & Snacks Desserts Recipes on December 21st, 2011
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 0
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 medium mango, peeled, pitted and diced (or 1 and 1/3 cups diced fresh mango)
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 large seedless orange, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or walnuts, toasted if desired*
Process 1/3 cup chopped mango (reserve remainder) and pomegranate juice in blender or food processor until finely chopped. With machine running, add olive oil; blend until smooth. Combine remaining mango, orange and blueberries in medium bowl. Add olive oil mixture; mix well to coat. Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
Combine ricotta, powdered sugar (if desired), orange peel and mint in separate medium bowl; mix well. (Mixture can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated). Spoon 1/2 cup ricotta into each of 6 serving dishes. Spoon fruit mixture evenly over ricotta. Top with toasted almonds, if desired.
*TIP: To toast almonds, heat in small skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until light golden, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; cool completely.