Pan-Seared Fillets with Wilted GreensBy admin Posted in: Entrees and Main Dishes Fish and Seafood Recipes on December 21st, 2011
Pictured with Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Puree
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 3 tablespoons semolina flour or flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 12 ounces skinless flounder or Pollock fillets, thawed if frozen
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard (stems finely chopped)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh kale (stems finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup quartered pitted ripe olives
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pitted green olives
Mix flax meal, flour and salt (if desired) in shallow dish or pie plate. Coat fillets evenly with mixture; pressing lightly to coat. Place on baking sheet or platter and refrigerate. Prepare remaining ingredients; set aside.
In separate large skillet; heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add fillets; cover and cook 3 minutes. Turn fillets; cook uncovered 2 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily in center.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and rosemary; cook and stir 30 seconds until fragrant. Add chard and kale; toss to mix. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in olives and cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until greens are wilted but not soft. Serve with fillets. Add pepper to taste.