Pork and CabbageBy admin Posted in: Entrees and Main Dishes Meat Pasta Recipes on December 21st, 2011
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons regular or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed, crushed
- 1/2 large head cabbage, cored and cut into large chunks (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Cook and drain noodles according to package directions; set aside. Meanwhile, in large skillet or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and garlic; toss to coat evenly. Cook 3 to 5 minutes to brown pork. Add onion and apple. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove to bowl; cover to keep warm.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to skillet; heat over medium heat. Add caraway seeds; cook, and stir 20 to 30 seconds or until seeds “pop.” Add cabbage; salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally 2 to 4 minutes or until cabbage begins to wilt. Add pork mixture back to skillet; mix well. Stir in cooked noodles.
Cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until pork is thoroughly cooked and cabbage is tender.