Quinoa Salad with Zucchini, Eggplant and PeppersBy admin Posted in: Recipes Salads Sides on December 21st, 2011
9 to 12 servings
- 1 eggplant, deseeded, diced into ¼-inch squares
- 2 red peppers, deseeded, diced into ¼-inch squares
- 1 ½ zucchini, deseeded, diced into ¼-inch squares
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 stems fresh thyme (leaves and thin stems only)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stems fresh thyme
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
In a large skillet at medium heat, add 1/3 cup olive oil, garlic cloves, cut vegetables, leaves of 4 stems thyme and salt. Sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package directions until tender; strain and run cold water over quinoa to stop it from cooking further.
In a bowl, mix the quinoa with the vegetables, add 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, remaining thyme and salt to taste. Mix well.
To serve, garnish dish with additional fresh thyme.
Recipe courtesy of the North American Olive Oil Association