Vegetable Breakfast SkilletBy admin Posted in: Breakfast Recipes on December 21st, 2011
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 medium red or orange bell pepper, cut into bite size strips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
Heat broiler with rack 6 to 8 inches from heat. Whisk eggs, egg whites and mustard in medium bowl; Set aside. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, pepper, mushrooms and basil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add spinach and olives; cook and stir 1 minute to wilt spinach. Spread mixture evenly in skillet.
Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables; tilting skillet to spread egg mixture. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Loosen and lift edges to allow egg to flow to edge of skillet.
Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until top surface is puffed and dry. Loosen edge; cut into wedges.